What is Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
This feature provides an additional level of security to your PC Warframe account and will help prevent unauthorized access.
How does it work?
Upon first login after activation, Warframe generates and emails you a code that you will need to enter before you log in. The code changes every few minutes and can be used only once. This process will need to be repeated the first time you login to Warframe on every PC you play it on. It is therefore very important that you use a valid and trustworthy email address. Please also know that future email changes can only be made while you still have access to your email address.
What are the benefits of having 2FA enabled?
In addition to increasing security around access to your PC account, 2FA is required to trade in-game items with fellow Tenno in Warframe! You are also able to change the email associated with your account yourself through the Account Management page.
Why is 2FA required to trade?
It is required to protect both parties from participating in account invasion-related situations. When both players have 2FA enabled, it helps to ensure that the persons trading are the legitimate account holders trading their own items.
What do I receive for enabling 2FA?
Once 2FA is enabled on your account, you will receive a free cosmetic! The Fae Path Ephemera will be sent to you via in-game inbox message from Ordis. Equip it in your Arsenal by going to the “Appearance” tab and selecting the “Attachment” option and watch your Warframe leave a trail of fireflies and forest leaves in its wake.
If I already have 2FA enabled, will I receive the Fae Step Ephemera?
Yes! If you already have 2FA enabled, you can log in anytime after the Update 25: The Jovian Concord has been released to receive the inbox message from Ordis containing the Fae Step Ephemera.
How do I enable 2FA on my PC account?
PLEASE NOTE: Before enabling 2FA, be sure that you have access to the email associated with your Warframe PC account. If you no longer have access to the email associated with your Warframe PC account, submit a ticket to support.warframe.com and request an email change. Support will also enable 2FA on your behalf once the email update is complete.
Learn about other ways you can keep your account protected here.
How do I enable 2FA on my Console account?
For Nintendo™ Switch Users:
- Go to https://accounts.nintendo.com/security and sign in, using your account credentials
- Click “Sign-In and Security Settings”
- Click “Edit” in the 2-Step Verification Settings panel
- Follow the prompts, and set up 2FA using the free Google Authenticator App
For Playstation Users:
- Go to https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ and sign in, using your account credentials
- Click on your profile picture in the top right and got to “Account Settings”
- Click on “Security” on the left side of the menu
- Select “Edit” in the 2-Step Verification panel
- Follow the prompts, and set up 2FA using a cell phone number or 3rd party authenticator app
For Xbox Users:
- Go to http://accounts.microsoft.com and sign in, using your credentials
- Click on “Security” in the menu bar
- Click the “More Security Options” button on the right
- Click the “Two-Step Verification” link
- Follow the prompts, and set up 2FA using an app, a phone or an alternate email
Can I get the Fae Path Ephemera on PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch?
The Fae Path Ephemera will be available to our console Tenno via Baro Ki'Teer.