Here are some common chat issues and possible solutions to the issues that can get in the way of your favourite Chatframe experience.
Temporarily playing the game using an alternative internet connection (ie. cellphone hotspot or your neighbour/friends' internet)
If the chat issues were gone while using the alternative internet connection, chances are the issue might be on your ISP's side or lie in your router/modem.
Here are several things we suggest our players who are suffering from problems like this because of their routers/modem:
- Check router for latest firmware updates
- Disable firewall of the router
- Disable Stateful Packet Inspection on the router (a form of firewall)
- Disable Quality of Service (QoS) engine on the router
- Bypass the router entirely and connect your PC directly to the modem/cable provided by our ISP
If nothing works, please contact your ISP to resolve this issue. There's nothing special about chat. It's just making a regular TCP connection to our IRC server. In other word, that just means you might have some problem with your internet connection.
If the chat issues persist even while using the alternative internet connection, there are several possibilities:
- Other programs running in the background in your PC interfering
1. Press Windows key and R key on your keyboard at the same time
2. In the new Run window popped up, type msconfig, and hit Enter
3. On the General tab of the System Configuration window, click the Selective startup option, and then uncheck Load startup items check box.
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
* Note: This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.
When you boot your computer in Selective Startup, you are disabling every application that normally starts up with your computer. This may include firewall and security software that you would normally want to have on. After you are finished testing, you should re-enable your security software in msconfig.exe. Please follow reverse the steps above to reset the computer to start normally.
- Antivirus/Firewall and proxy issues
Add an exception to all of your firewall and anti-virus software (including Windows Firewall) for "Warframe.x64.exe".
Also please make sure to check your proxy settings: search for Internet Options on the Windows Control Panel, click on the “Connections – LAN Settings” tab and make sure that the “use automatic configuration script” and “proxy server” options are UN-checked.
- Corrupted Windows networking settings. Attempts that might fix this:
1. On the Start screen, type CMD. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
2. At the command prompt, type the following command: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt and then press Enter
3. Type ipconfig /release and press Enter. (please skip this step if you have a static LAN IP)
4. Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter. (please skip this step if you have a static LAN IP)
5. Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
6. Reboot the computer.
- If you have tried everything above and the issues are still there, even though it is very rare, but it still could be both you and your neighbour/friends' internet are suffering from the same issue especially if all of you are using the same ISP. Contact your ISP and ask assistance from them to fix your internet!
This document will be updated should any new information on this topic arise.