Archwings allow players to engage in aptly named Archwing missions, where Tenno get to fly through space and engage in full three-dimensional combat.
How do I get my Archwing?
You will start the first part to the Archwing quest by completing the Mars Junction, located on Earth. Completing this quest will give you your very own Archwing as well as access to the various Archwing missions. To access this quest once unlocked, select it from the Quest tab located on your Navigation chart.
As your progress through the quest you will obtain the blueprints for Odonata parts you need to craft your first Archwing:
- Odonata Blueprint (sent to you by the Lotus)
- Odonata Wings Blueprint
- Odonata Harness Blueprint
- Odonata Systems Blueprint
It is important that you do NOT sell any of these until the quest is complete.
Following the creation of your Archwing, make sure that the Archwing quest is your Active quest before you claim it from the foundry. This is important because you will still need to complete one last mission in order to access all of the Archwing nodes.
Where do I find my Archwing and how can I add mods?
Once you have completed the Archwing quest you will be able to access your Archwing through the Arsenal. The Archwing menu can be found in the bottom right corner of the Arsenal screen.
From here you can equip and customize your Archwing as you would any other piece of equipment. It is important to note that Archwing missions use an exclusive category of weapons, you will not be able to use regular weapons in an Archwing mission.
How do I control my Archwing?
Basic Archwing controls are very similar to standard Warframe controls. Many of the keys serve the same function but are instead applied to work in a three-dimensional space. These are the basic controls for movement.
|Move Forward||W||Left Stick Forward||Left Stick Forward|
|Strafe Right||A||Left Stick Right||Left Stick Right|
|Move Backwards||S||Left Stick Backwards||Left Stick Backwards|
|Strafe Left||D||Left Stick Left||Left Stick Left|
Accelerate (This can be combined with the above controls to use evasive maneuvers.)
Combat on an Archwing is practically identical to combat on foot with a slight change to melee, where you will automatically dash toward your target when attacking. It is also important to note that during Archwing missions you will not have access to your Warframe’s powers. Instead every Archwing is equipped with its own set of abilities that are unlocked as its rank is increased.
|Fire Weapon/Channel Melee||Left Click||R2||RT|
|Look down sights/Block||Right Click||L2||LT|
|Archwing Power 1||1||L1 + X||RB + A|
|Archwing Power 2||2||L1 + ☐||RB + X|
|Archwing Power 3||3||L1 + O||RB + B|
|Archwing Power 4||4||L1 + △||RB + Y|
What kind of Archwing missions are there?
Archwing missions currently have a total of 6 different mission types: Exterminate, Interception, Sabotage, Defense, Mobile Defense and Assassination. These three mission types are split up amongst two map types; Free Space and Trench Run.
- Exterminate: In Exterminate missions, players are tasked with taking out a set number of enemies on the map, and then making their way to the extraction point.
- Interception: Interception missions require that the players work together in order to capture and hold 5 command points. Waves of enemies will be sent to capture these points from the players. This game mode is endless and players will be offered the choice to extract or keep fighting at the end of every wave, with increasing difficulty.
- Sabotage: In Sabotage missions, players are tasked with making their way to the power generator at the core of an enemy ship, here they must destroy the generator while eliminating enemies. Once the generator is successfully destroyed, players must make their way to the extraction point.
- Defense: Defense is a game mode in which the players must defend the assigned primary objective or objectives from being destroyed by attacking waves of enemies. The wave will be considered cleared when all the enemies in the wave have been killed.
- Mobile Defense: Mobile Defense Missions require players to carry a datamass to 2 - 7 computer terminals and upload it to them. Once uploaded at each terminal, players will have to defend the terminal until hacking is completed. Unlike normal Defense missions, these require players to defend for a set period of time instead of a set amount of waves.
- Assassination: Assassination Missions require the players to eliminate a unique enemy boss and then return to extraction. These are the most commonly farmed missions due to the fact that they provide a higher chance to obtain rare resources or blueprints.
- Free Space: Missions taking place in Free Space are vast environments where players can move about freely and fight using a variety of range and melee combat styles.
- Trench Run: Trench Runs take place within an enemy ship, here players need to navigate the twisting hallways made up of venting systems, damaged hulls and exhausts.
Upgrading your Archwing
Archwing and Arch-Weapons require a different kind of mods than your standard land-based equipment. These Archwing exclusive mods can be obtained from drops by playing any Archwing mission, but are also obtainable through mission rewards, as well as wave rewards during Archwing Interception missions.