We take account security very seriously, and we urge Warframe players to take all available precautions to keep their accounts safe and secure.
Steps YOU can take to keep your account safe:
- Create a UNIQUE password using a combination of letters, numbers, and other characters- do not use the same password that you use for other games or online accounts.
- As mentioned previously, do NOT share your password or account with anyone, for any reason.
- Once you have finished your Warframe session, log out of your account.
If you believe that your Warframe/email account has been hacked:
- First, change your password(s) immediately. You can change your Warframe account password here: https://warframe.com/resetpassword.
- Next, contact Warframe Support and provide us with as much information about the situation as possible. This will aid our investigation greatly, which will in turn help to resolve your situation faster.
As a further precaution, you can enable 2 Factor Authentication (TennoGuard 2FA) on your PC account. This feature provides an additional level of security to your Warframe account and will help to prevent unauthorized access.
To activate TennoGuard 2FA, log into your Warframe account on our website and navigate to the Account Management section or go to https://warframe.com/user. Here you will find the option to Enable Two-Factor Authentication. Upon the first login after activation, Warframe generates and emails you a code that you will need to enter before you log in. The code changes every few minutes and can be used only once. This process will need to be repeated on every PC you will use to play Warframe. It is therefore very important that you use a valid and trustworthy email address. Please also know that future email changes can only be made while you still have access to your email address.